Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Letter in Reply to a Friend


Dear Mary,
  So rice to hear from you! I'm very glad to know from your letter that you want to apply for admission to our university. Now I will give you some infor­mation and my advice.
  Firs of all, I think you may apply for the Foreign Studies Department, for you're not only interested in English language and western culture but very good at language learning. And I remember that you told me that you hope to study abroad one day. Therefore, I think, majoring in English might be your best choice.
  Then, I’ll tell you some requirements for this major. First, it's very important for you to have a good command of English listening, speaking, reading. writing, etc. And at the same time, I think, the grasp of your native language Chinese is also necessary for English learning.
  You'd better make preparations for your English exam as soon as possible. And some simulated tests may be of help for your preparing for it
  I believe that you will get high marks in your exam. Welcome to our university and wish you a good luck!
  Yours sincerely.
  Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment